NFC tags are widely used in contactless or mobile payments to make shopping for goods more convenient and secure. Indeed, NFC has greatly impacted the retail industry through mobile payments. Thanks to this technology, more people are going cashless. But did you now that NFC is not just for mobile payments? It is changing the lives of people and businesses in so many ways. Below are some of the less-popular applications of NFC tags:
- Manufacturing The manufacturing industry also benefits greatly from using NFC technology. With its help, manufacturers can manage products more effectively at each stage. It also aids them in validating product warranty and processing replacements as well as maintenance.
- Identity validation/ access controlIn the field of education, schools use NFC-equipped IDs because it has a high level of encryption and thus, ensure a high level of security. The technology enables institutions to have a more reliable ID card system or access control system for their students and employees.
- TransportationPublic and private transportation companies are starting to utilise NFC tags in the UK to provide faster and better services. With this technology, passengers not only pay for their cab or bus fares but are also able to keep track of the amount left in their digital ticket. NFC tags also paved the way for smart ticketing in the airline industry.
- Logistics and shippingNFC tags are now vital in the logistics and shipping industry because they are used for efficient tracking of goods. The tags help the companies facilitate smarter, accurate, and more efficient processes.
- Marketing and advertisingSome businesses encode their tags with data such as their addresses and information about their products and services. They use NFC-enabled posters and billboards so users can instantly collect information or access their social media pages in just a wave of their devices.
Interested in buying NFC tags? You can buy them online. If you are looking for something affordable with reliable reading speed and big memory, choose NTAG213. But if you need an NFC tag that offers more security and has bigger memory where you can encode more data, choose NTAG215.